Aug 13, 2010
Handmade Gifts Are Ideal For Birthdays
Nothing beats the uniqueness of handmade gifts when given to people that truly matter during their birthdays. This is because handmade gifts add a touch of sincerity and love because of the effort the gift-giver has put to much effort into it.
Most of the handmade gifts that are available these days come from personalized stores. This trend has emerged due to the fact that many people rarely have the time to do these themselves. These personalized, handmade items could be found in various stores and shops available in the Metro.
If you would want to give a handmade birthday gift to your loved one but don’t have the luxury of time to do it, you need not worry because there are so many shops out there who can do this for you. All you need to do is look for something that will fit the personality of your loved one whom you will bestow the gift and ask the shop to customize it for you.
Finding the suitable handmade and personalized gifts
Most shops that offer handmade gifts that have a wide variety of stuff fit for all ages. If you are going to buy personalized and handmade items as a birthday present for your loved one, consider the following:
1. For grandparents. These are the people who can be very sentimental and appreciative since they have been through a lot in their lives. For grandfathers, you can give a handmade coffee mug with his name scribbled in it, customized pen holder with his name or favorite phrase engraved on it, or a blanket with his photo on it. For grandmothers, you can choose a handmade pair of slippers with her name on it, a special commemorative plate with the photos of her grandchildren on it, or a personalized journal with matching pen that goes with it.
2. For parents. These are usually the people who don’t usually ask or expect for gifts during their birthdays but would really appreciate it especially if their kids make an effort in giving these gifts. For mothers, you can choose practical items such as those that she can use everyday in her tasks at home or at work. If you want to give that has sentimental value, you can make a quilt or choose a handmade quilt with your family's memories, or a new set blankets of her favorite color. For fathers, handmade everyday items such as towels, pens, mugs, ashtray, or cigarette case are perfect birthday gifts for him.
3. For siblings. The gifts you could give would actually depend on how close you are to the celebrator. For male siblings, you can give him a personalized shirt with his favorite image on it or handmade gifts such as accessories of his favorite material and color. For female siblings, give her cute and sentimental stuff such as a handmade key chain or personalized jewelry box, or a pair of handmade slippers that she can use inside her room or at home.
4. For cousins. These are the people who will really appreciate no matter what kind of gift you give them on their birthdays because for them, it's really the thought that counts. In personalized stores, you can look for handmade gifts such as mugs, photo albums, key chains, and notebooks that contain something that would remind you both of your childhood days.
5. For friends. You should consider their individual personalities, hobbies, and interests. But in general, perfect personalized birthday gift ideas for them might include a personalized picture frame with your best photos on it, a scrapbook that contains all of your fond memories since you have met, or handmade gift that you both love or share.